Pamela Pretswell (Scotland)
I used to play tennis from 5 to 14 years old, when I changed to golf. As a junior, I played for Scotland and Great Britain and once took part in a demonstration with the Great Britain junior team on the Number One court at Wimbledon. But, I just got tired of playing tennis and wanted to try something different. And now, I enjoy playing golf, I love to play golf and play different courses...
I was part of the same squad as Andy Murray and trained together, when we were younger. We are both from Scotland and we lived more or less nearby, and he is 2 years older than me. He is very nice.
Now I am 22 and I graduated last year, last summer, in Business and Management at the University of Glasgow.
I went to LET Q-School in January, 2012 and I made it through to the Final Stage but I did not make the cut to play the final day.
My plans are to go back and I will turn professional next year and try to get my full card. But I will play all the LETAS events this season.
A Quick 18 with Pamela
- Tell me something most people don't know about you? I used to play the violoncello, for four years, from 8 to 12.
- What would you like to do for a living if you are not a pro golfer? I would like to run my own business, not sure at the moment what type.
- If you could possess any super human power what would it be? To fly
- Education? Which University and degree? Business and Management in the in Glasgow University.
- How many and which languages do you speak? English, a little bit of French and German.
- Who would be in your dream foursome? Luke Donald, Ryan Reynolds, Michael McIntyre and me.
- What is your favourite activity you do when you want to relax? Spend time with friends.
- Do you have a favourite TV series? 24
- What invention do you wish you had thought of? Iphone.
- What are your expectations in 2012 and targets when playing in the LET? Play all the LETAS events and get the full card through it and turn professional.
- Best part of your game? Any Yardage in particularly that you are an expert of? Consistency. 100 yds would be my best yardage. Weakest part of your game? Putting.
- Driving distance? 230 yds. Putting average? 32.
- Lowest round ever, where and when? -8 in Gullane Golf Club, Scotland, 2008.
- How many holes in one? None
- Favourite golf course in Europe? Royal Aberdeen Golf Club.
- Any friends already on the Tour? Some Scottish players like Clare Queen and Kylie Walker.
- Any superstitions when playing golf? I usually use the same ball marker in every tournament.
- Your team would be composed of... Golf coach Alan Murdoch.