A Quick 18 with Marieke....
1. With whom would you like to trade places for a day?
Maybe I’d trade with Roger Federer or Lionel Messi, because they are perfect at what they do. I would love to hit one ball like Roger Federer or score one goal like Lionel Messi.
2. What words do you live by?
You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your desire is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny.
3. How would you spend a perfect day?
Wake up early, go for a run in the sun, have a good breakfast, play some golf, that’s about it.
4. If you won the lottery, how would you spend the money?
I think I would start by giving away a lot of money to people who need it because I could use the money but not as much. I would continue like I do now.
5. If you could be joined by any three-people in a four-ball, who would you choose?
Tiger Woods, Annika Sorenstam and one of my coaches, I’m not sure which one.
6. Do you have any hidden talents?
No, not really. I am just a relaxed person. I don’t have worries or stress. I just do what I do.
7. Who is your favourite sportsperson?
Lance Armstrong, because he was so far away and got back and I think he’s the best example of never give up and fight on.
8. Who is your favourite comedian?
He is Dutch. Hans Teeuwen.
9. What do you find tiresome?
10. If you weren’t a golfer, what profession would you choose?
I think I would like to go study first because I haven’t done anything. Whatever I did I would want to be the best.
11. What one word describes you best?
12. What is your favourite leisure activity?
Playing soccer in the garden.
13. Dogs or cats person?
14.What is the best part of your game?
The irons, still. I only work on my short game, it’s still my irons that are best.
15. What is your favourite club in the bag?
16. What is your favourite golf course?
Golf National in Paris. We played the European Individuals there in 2008.
17. What’s the funniest thing that’s happened on a golf course?
It was funny when Chrisje hit a hole in one last week!
18. What Rule in golf would you like to abolish?
The one where you address the ball on the green and it moves when it’s not your fault, but they’ve changed that now. If you can prove that it’s the wind then it’s okay now, but I’m not sure how you do that! I think there are a lot of Rules. If you start playing golf it could be a bit too much but for us it’s fine because I just call for a ruling.