Sweden's Julia Davidsson finished 69th on the 2012 LETAS Order of Merit, playing in just four events due to her studying commitments. Julia gained her full LET card at the Lalla Aicha Tour School in December, finishing in a tie for 9th position and will play full time on the Ladies European Tour in 2013. Julia answered 18 quick questions for us.....
1. How and when did you start to play golf? It was with my dad and my sister… I was around 7-8 years old and my father took us to the golf. He has been playing all his life. But I really started competing when I was 12-13. In the beginning I did not like it… I started to like it when I was 16, when I got better and now I like it very much.
2. Who did encourage you to continue? My father and my friends … At my golf course there are many girls.
3. Tell me something most people don't know about you? I was good at skiing and I have been competing in skiing until I was 15 and I travelled a lot because of this, also. I quit because the snow was not close to my home, so we needed to travel every week and I had the golf course near my house. So this was easier for me.
4. When did you turn professional and what have you been doing since then? I turned pro two years ago. I played in Nordea and LETAS events. I played 4 events this year on LETAS and my best result was 6th place in Sweden in August. I was still studying in the beginning of the year but now I am finished.
5. What would you like to do for a living if you are not a pro golfer? Nothing else.
6. Education? Which University and degree? I studied in Halmstad and I had a degree in what we call “School of Golf”, so now I can teach golf.
7. How many and which languages do you speak? Swedish, English and a little bit of German.
8. Who would be in your dream foursome? Annika Sorenstam, Tiger, Paula Creamer and me.
9. What is your favourite activity to do when you want to relax? Watching TV series “OC” (America’s TV series)
10. What’s your favourite tradition from your country that you love doing? I love the Christmas in Sweden when we meet with the family and friends… eat special Swedish food like meatballs…
11. What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment to date? I am proud of being the profile player and model of the Nordea Tour this season.
12. What is your favorite time of year? Summer
13. Something you hate doing? Washing dishes.
14. If you could have an unlimited storage of one thing, what would it be? Shoes.
15. If given a choice to skip work for a day, how would you spend the entire day? Spend the day with my boyfriend relaxing in a spa.
16. Name something you consider yourself to be really good at? Studying.
17. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? I would like to go to New York again.
18. Where do you see yourself in the next five years? I hope I am on the LET and I hope that my boyfriend could come with me to all tournaments…