Sweden's Louise Kristersson is in her second her as a professional. The young Swede recorded a season best in the Ljungbyhed Park Ladies Open last year, finishing in a tie for 10th place. Louise answers a few questions for us...
1. When and how did you start to play golf? I started when I was 5 years old. My best friend played and I came with her. My parents and my grandparents played as well and they are really close to my best friend’s family, so we were a big group. When I was younger, the juniors we were very close at my first golf club and then I always thought it was fun. My parents have always encouraged me and supported… but I am also pretty stubborn.
2. When did you turn professional and what have you been doing since then? I turned pro at the beginning of the year and I have been playing on the Nordea Tour. I have played 10-15 tournaments in total.
3. Tell me something most people don't know about you? I know how to drive a tractor. My dad is a farmer and I live on a farm, so it’s very useful.
4. What would you like to do for a living if you are not a professional golfer? I would like to work with people, like to teach something like golf or at school.
5. Education? Which University and degree? I went one year to Texas Christian University and I am currently studying at the Scandinavian School of Golf, in Sport Science.
6. How many and which languages do you speak? I speak English, Swedish and can understand some Danish and Norwegian.
7. Who would be in your dream foursome? Tiger, Annika Sorenstam and Christopher Brubay (golf pro from Sweden).
8. What is your favourite activity you do when you want to relax? Listening to music and chill- out.
9. Most recent movie that you liked? The last one from James Bond.
10. Favourite gift you have received? It must be the Spa week-end that my boyfriend and I spent.
11. What’s your favourite tradition from your country you love doing? I like Christmas. I am with my family and I have two smalls cousins, so we have Santa Claus and it is fun. We have a big Christmas buffet with meatballs, sausages, potatoes, fish…everything.
12. Is there anything you hate doing? Yes, I hate to vacuum.
13. Is there a song that you like to sing when no one is around like in the car or the shower? A song from “The Ark”, it is a Swedish band.
14. Best and weakest part of your game? Best part is my driver and weakest is my putting.
15. Best round ever? (-5) at Royal Portrush Golf Club in Northern Ireland.
16. Your expectations this year? Hopefully to play some events on LET and it is kind of a dream starting to come true.