Eighteen year old Danish amateur Daisy Nielsen will combine playing amateur golf with the LET Access Series this year. Daisy has been a member of the LET Access Series since 2011, with a career best finish of 4th at the 2011 Murcia Ladies Open. Daisy answers 18 quick questions...
1. Tell me something most people don't know about you? I was born in England.
2. What would you like to do for a living if you are not a pro golfer? Maybe I would like something to do with fitness or a golf trainer.
3. If you could possess any super human power what would it be? Then I would like to be a mind reader :)
4. Education? Which University and degree? I attend a commercial school at a sports college in Denmark.
5. How many and which languages do you speak? I speak Danish, Spanish, German and English – only English and Danish fluently.
6. Who would be in your dream foursome? Tiger Woods, Annika Sörenstam and Rory Mcilroy.
7. What is your favourite activity you do when you want to relax? Watch TV or read a book.
8. Do you have a favourite TV series? Desperate Housewives :) And a Danish series called “Forbrydelsen” (the crime).
9. What invention do you wish you had thought of? Apple products :)
10. What are your expectations in 2013 and targets? I want to finish in the top 5, but I am satisfied if I finish in the top 20 on the LETAS ranking.
11. Best part of your game? Any yardage in particularly that you are an expert? Weakest part of your game. My long game has always been the best part of my game and when I am playing well I am very good at approach shots. The weakest part of my game is putting, and last year it was also my driving, though it has never been a problem before.
12. Driving distance? Putting average? Driving distance: Driver carry 205 metres. Putting average: 32 putts per round.
13. Lowest round ever, where and when? 5 under – 4 times
14. How many holes in one? None
15. Favourite golf course in Europe? At the moment it is Real Club de Golf Sotogrande.
16. Any friends already on this Tour? Of Danish players I know: On the LET I know Line Vedel and Malene Jørgensen. On the LETAS I know Monica Christiansen and Julie Tvede.
17. Any superstitions when playing golf? Sometimes, not one in particular, but for instance sometimes when I drop my driver head cover I get the thought of the next shot being bad.
18. Your team would be composed by (coach, physic, manager…..) My golf trainer is David Dickmeiss. Physical trainer: Martin Lauridsen and Jacob Nees. Mental coach: Martin Langagergård.