Isabell Gabsa finished tied for 57th at the Lalla Aicha Tour School in December, with rounds of 74, 74, 71, 68 and 72. The 17-year-old German will play on both the LET and LETAS during this season. Isabell answers 18 quick questions...
1. When and how did you start to play golf? I started to play golf when I was 4. My parents started and my two older brothers too. We had a golf course 5 minutes away from my home.
2. What would you like to do for a living if you are not a pro golfer? I would like to be a teaching pro.
3. Education? Which University and degree? I graduated last year from College. I am still 17, so no university at the moment.
4. How many and which languages do you speak? German and English.
5. Who would be in your dream foursome? Bubba Watson, Ernie Els and Martin Kaymer.
6. What is your favourite activity you do when you want to relax? Cooking. My specialities are pancakes with strawberries.
7. My most recent movie that I liked: The last one from James Bond “Skyfall”
8. Do you have a favourite TV commercial or series? “Big Bang Theory”
9. Favourite gift you have received and from whom? I got a small pillow from my best friend and a ball-marker from my parents.
10. What’s your favourite tradition from your country you love doing? I like the German traditional food: beef with noodles…
11. What is your favorite store to shop in and why? Abercrombie & Fitch
12. Tell us something you hate doing? To go for a run.
13. If given a choice to skip work for a day, how would you spend the entire day? I would play golf, again…
14. Best and weakest part of your game? Best part is driver and irons and the weakest is my putting.
15. Average driving distance? 220 meters.
16. Putting average per round? 33-34 putts.
17. Lowest round ever? 65 (-7) , two years ago on a German course, near Munich.
18. Your expectations for 2013? Play as many tournaments I get into on the LET and LETAS.