Spain's Marta Silva attended this year's Lalla Aicha Tour School, finishing in a tie for 43rd place. The young Spanish player will play on the LET and LETAS in her first year as a professional. Silva is part of the 'Ocho Golf' team and you can follow her on Twitter at @MartaSilva_golf
1. When and how did you start to play golf? I started when I was 9 years old because my parents played and my old brother, too…
2. What have you been doing these past years? I have been in the US, at Georgia University studying Communications. I finished last June and since then I have been practicing and playing tournaments, I went to play the two stages of LPGA Q-School.
3. What would you like to do for a living if you are not a pro golfer? I would like to work in something related to golf, but I realised I did not like very much watching it, I prefer to play.
4. How many and which languages do you speak? English, Spanish and “Gallego”.
5. Who would be in your dream foursome? Tiger, Adam Scott and Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy program creator).
6. What is your favourite activity you do when you want to relax? I like to practice any kind of sport like tennis, paddle, volleyball…
7. Do you have a favourite TV commercial or series? I am a “Friends” freak.
8. What invention do you wish you had thought of? Teleport.
9. Favourite gift you have received and from who? A coin from my father. I use it to mark the ball.
10. What’s your favourite tradition from your country you love doing? I love the festivities in villages in Galicia. We drink, eat and have lots of fun.
11. What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment to date? I was nominated “Player of the Year” in the US, last year.
12. Is there a song that you like to sing when no one is around like in the car or the shower? I like 'Anytime' …although I do not know the lyrics. Today it was :”How sweet it is to be loved by you”.
13. What is your favorite store to shop in and why? Zara.
14. What is your favorite time of year? Summer.
15. Tell us something you hate doing. Why? Running.
16. If given a choice to skip work for a day, how would you spend the entire day? I would like to go visit Antarctica.
17. Name something you consider yourself to be really good at? I can sing well. My family likes to sing too.
18. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? I would go to Africa.